Creation of reflection groups in a form of game.
Prep. time: 5 min
Playing time: approx 10 min
Number of players: basically unlimited
Materials: flipchart with rules
Preparation of the game
Write the rules on a flipchart paper:
- Create a reflection groups
- Each reflection group needs to have 1 group leader (facilitator) + 4 participants (adjust to your numbers)
- In the reflection group can be only 1 person from the same country
- The games end only when all the reflection groups are ready and all participants are satisfied with their reflection groups!
Additional rules: if you wanna spice it up, you can ask people to be silent during the process
Prep of participants
- Explain the concept of reflection groups:
- will be meeting daily for approx 30 min
- will be talking on their daily experience and ponder on take-away for their lives
- are here to support each other as a family
- can be mentioning any dis/satisfactions they want to pass anonymously to the organzers
- Reveal the flipchart with rules and explain them.
- Start the game.
- When all the groups are ready, facilitator walks around to check all the groups are ready.
- Pay attention to following:
- is there any participant who is in need of having a language/mental support from their national team-members?
- are all participants satisfied with their teams?
Change the rules in a way everybody can be happy in the end. Unless you want to challenge them. Remember – challenge by choice!
This game don’t need reflection, but if you want to include it, you can follow this frame:
- Feelings. How was it for you?
- What happened. What strategies you used? Which work and which didn’t work?
- Take-away. What will you take from this for your future?