Play the Way! Training Course
3. - 9. 12. 2021, Czech Republic, Chotěboř
You will meet with 30 Youth Workers and Youth leaders (trainers, facilitators, animators, pedagogues, managers, etc.) from 10 different countries in a venue in the Czech countryside.
During the 7 days program, you will learn generally about gamification – what it is, its elements and usage in business, marketing, etc. – and about how to create educational games.
Sessions will combine outdoor activities (there are beautiful forest and river nearby), indoor sessions, body movement workshops, working in mixed teams, and – of course – a lot of games.
- The principles of gamification
- Power of gamification in various context
- To acquire a toolbox of games concerning the topics of the labor market and entrepreneurship
- How to turn any learning topic into a game for your team
- How to design educational games, how to test them, adjust them, and offer them to your participants
Plus, you will develop your facilitation and professional skills, broaden your network, and establish a new cooperation with other youth workers.
We search for 3 participants per country. The profile of our participants is as follows:
- 18+ years old
- resident of one of the partner countries (Greece, Bulgaria, Latvia, Lithuania, Georgia, Romania, Spain, The Republic of North Macedonia, Poland or Czech Republic)
- Youth Worker or Youth Leader (includes anybody who is working with other people as a pedagogue, leader, teacher, facilitator, etc.)
- Dedicated to take an active participation in all phases of the project including the dissemination.
- Contribution of €50 as a participation fee (if it should be an obstacle for you, contact your partner organization that will support you).
- Full participation in the whole program
- 1 report (e.g. article) per country (will be published by the partner organization)
- Implementation of educational game in your country until the end of January 2022
- One participant from your country – maybe you! – will come for a follow-up activity – Play the Way! Youth Exchange – as a group leader.
In case you would like to come also for the Youth Exchange:
- see here for practical information;
- you won’t pay any participation fee for the Youth Exchange;
- we expect you will support your national team during the whole process;
- we expect you will support us with the implementation go the whole Youth Exchange as a part of the team of group leaders;
- contact Project Supervisor for more information.
Start with filling the application form.
Partner organization (see below) will select 3 youth workers to send on the trip.
If you are selected, you will receive a Confirmation Letter with more information regarding your participation. ONLY then you can start booking your tickets!
If you have any questions, contact Project Supervisor.
Program & Methods
DAY 1. FORMING
Getting to know each other, setting up community and its agreements, learning goals, support systems (reflection groups, buddies, open-door policy). Meeting gamification elements and experimenting with them.
DAY 2. STORY
Experimenting with the elements ACHIEVEMENT + FEEDBACK.
DAY 3. GOLD
How to design games, focus on target groups.
DAY 4. PERFORMING
Preparation of educational games for yours target groups.
DAY 5. TESTING.
Testing of games. Feedback. Celebration.
DAY 6. TESTING
Testing of games. Feedback. Q&A, plein air.
DAY 7. CLOSING
Summarize. Evaluation. Planning for the future. Saying goodbye.
There are a lot of different learnings in games if the proper debriefing is done, plus our general behavioral patterns manifest in them as well.
(Self)-REFLECTION, COACHING & MENTORING
Including setting up learning goals and tracking of their learning progress to bring awareness to participants learning.
Including the positive (empowering) feedback as a tool focused on one’s successes, not failures.
LEARNING BY DOING
Participants will be immediately putting into practice everything they learn and giving/receiving feedback from others upon it.
As a tool to raise self-awareness. In its essence, it helps to still the mind, while guidance can bring you to places you never thought you’d go, discover hidden blockages and take steps to release them, as well as open the space for new inspiration to come in.
Covid & Safety
All participants will go through an antigen test provided by INspire to be sure we are all infection-free on the spot.
- any PCR or other tests needed to take before or after will be reimbuirse together with thee travel ticket if they will fit the level of travel reimbursement.
(E.g., if your travel reimbursement limit is 275 €, and you spend 200 for travle tickets, you can still spend 275 € for any tests.)
- if this would be a limit to you participation, contact organizers directly and we will discuss how we can support your participation financially.
- if you will be guaranteed with the covid, you will be accommodated in separation in the venue. INspire is supporting you with all practicalities but you need to carry any extra expenses beyond the time of the Training Course.
- We will follow any regulation according the current law.
- We will avoid the contact with the outside world.
- There will be 3 meals a day + 2 coffee breaks, with mainly traditional Czech cuisine.
- If you are having a special diet, LET US KNOW in the application form, so we can arrange your needs in time.
The nearest shop is 5 km by walk in the Chotěboř, but we offer soft drinks and snacks at the buffet.
The project is financed by the Erasmus+ program.
The costs of the program, including meals, accommodation and travel costs (according to the maximum amount of money allowed per country) will be covered by the Erasmus+ program. Please contact your sending organization to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets.
The travel expenses will be reimbursed on the base of tickets, bookings and invoices so remember to keep them all with you!
Erasmus+ calculated maximum amount of travel reimbursement you can receive based on the distance band.
€275 Bulgaria, Georgia, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Spain, Romania, The Republic of North Macedonia
€20 Czech Republic
There is €50 participation fee paid in cash upon arrival. We perceive this fee as a proof of your motivation to take part in the program which will be used for financing the local dissemination activities after the training.
|Georgia||Youth Association DRONIemail@example.com||www.droni.org|
|Lithuania||Asociacija Tavo Europafirstname.lastname@example.org||www.facebook.com/TavoEuropa/|
|Poland||Fundacja Wspierania Rozwoju “Innowator”||email@example.com||www.fundacjainnowator.pl|
|Spain||Xuventude verde polo firstname.lastname@example.org||www.facebook.com/xuventudeverde|
|The Republic of North Macedonia||Youth Association YMCA Bitolaemail@example.com||www.ymcabitola.org.mk|
INspire, z. s. is a young NGO focused on personal and professional development of individuals and groups.
I am a trainer, facilitator, coach, storyteller, and writer. I am designing education games for more than 10 years already, and I know my share about stories and their impact.
In PW!, I will be taking care for your well-being and I will be your main contact regarding all practicalities.
I am a freelance facilitator, an outdoor instructor at Outward Bound Romania and Outward Bound Netherlands, and learning strategist. In the PW!, I will be responsible for the learning curve and for creating the proper context for insightful playing.
I believe, that we all have a loud, joyful and free part in us, who wants to spread his freedom and joy, and maybe sometimes his loudness over our everyday adult life and my personal experience is, that this wish could become a reality easier in nature. For me: nature is the ultimate opportunity for growth. I have facilitated many events using elements of gamification, I have the first-hand experience that learning can happen once we have fun, and we perceive learning as a game.