“(…) the best measurement of one’s psychic and spiritual development is the amount of crisis they managed to have in their lives.”
Characteristics of the community
- Inclusivity, commitment, and consensus
- Safe space
- Laboratory for personal disarmament
- Graceful (peaceful) fights
- Group of all leaders
“Is there other way to the community than through the contemplation? My answer is: No. Is there any way to the community than through sharing of each other break downs? My answer is again: No.”
Stages of community creation (and closing)
- Death of the community
Blockages of community creation
- Run away strategies
- Dependence (on the leader)
Interfere as little as possible. Community needs to learn to perceive themselves as a whole, not individuals, and to share the responsibilities.
When to interfere:
- If the community complicates the manifestation of each other’s break-downs.
- Intervention should be done on the behavior of the group, not the individual.
- The intervention should not tell to the group what they should do but make them aware of what they are doing.
- The leader should do only the interventions other cannot.
- Only in special cases, leader can intervene on the individual (if the one is making it impossible to create a community).
- Community is manageable up to 65 people.
- In a big community, there is no need for everyone to talk. Full presence is enough.